Welcome to My Rabbitry
I have listed five important issues including Security, Construction, Cleanliness, Accommodation and Acoustics:-
- Our home and Rabbitry is monitored internally and externally by professionally fitted CCTV
- Housing pets indoors ensures they are not exposed to natural predators including foxes, domestic dogs, cats and birds of prey.
- The double glazed entrance door and windows are fitted with multi-point locking systems.
- A floodlit motion sensor security light is also fitted to the sides and rear of the Rabbitry.
- The Rabbitry was designed and built to our specifications purposely to house rabbits and guinea pigs.
- The brick built construction consists of a tiled roof and concrete floor to create an environment to maintain a cool and even temperature throughout the summer months; this ensures that unlike a wooden shed, the temperature within does not fluctuate throughout the day and therefore does not cause overheating and undue stress to our boarders.
- The building is well ventilated having numerous airbricks at floor and roof level allowing for a healthy supply of fresh air to flow throughout without causing harmful drafts.
- The Rabbitry is set within a large, private garden setting.
- Hand Sanitiser Alcohol Gel is used throughout the day, and always between handling and grooming rabbits or guinea pigs.
- Grooming tools are sterilised between each guest
- Hutch cleaning utensils are disinfected between use with Trigene High Level Surface Disinfectant spray
- To maintain high levels of cleanliness and disease control a Housekeeping Service is provided daily for each guest to ensure comfort at all times.
- The Rabbitry floor is fully tiled with terracotta tiles which is swept, vacuumed daily and fully mopped regularly using a high level surface disinfectant.
- All work surfaces are disinfected daily.
- All hutches are professionally constructed on site by my husband, Richard to a specific design. This maximises cleanliness, safety and security and ensures they can be renewed and repaired as required.
- All rabbit hutches are a minimum of 6 foot wide by 2 foot high and 2 foot deep. Guinea Pig hutches are 5 foot wide 18 inches high, and 2 foot deep
- Hutches are thoroughly cleaned, swept, vacuumed, disinfected, allowed to dry and dressed for our guests.
- We have a set layout for bunny and piggy hutches.
- To minimise stress levels and provide auditory stimulation the radio is played at a low volume from 8.00 a.m. until 9.00 p.m. and tuned to Radio 2.